Steps on How to Open a Business in NYC
9 Steps on How to Open a Business in NYC
Starting a business involves planning, making key financial decisions and completing a series of legal activities. These 10 easy steps can help you plan, prepare and manage your business.
- Step 1: Write a Business Plan
Write a business plan to help you step by step on how to run your business. At Advantage Business Services our team of professionals can help you write the business plan to help you map out the steps to start your business venture.
- Step 2: Get Business Assistance and Training
Call us at +1(917) 774-4659 to setup an appointment for a free business workshop. Take the advantage of becoming a successful business owner.
- Step 3: Choose a Business Location
Get advice on how to select a customer-friendly location and comply with zoning laws.
- Step 4: Determine the Legal Structure of Your Business
Let us help you determine the legal structure of your business: sole proprietorship, partnership, Limited Liability Company (LLC), corporation, S corporation, nonprofit or cooperative.
- Step 5: Register a Business Name (“Doing Business As”)
Register your business name with your state government.
- Step 6: Get a Tax Identification Number
Come to Advantage Business Services and learn which tax identification number you’ll need to obtain from the IRS and your state revenue agency.
- Step 7: Register for State and Local Taxes
We can help you register for state to obtain a tax identification number, workers’ compensation, unemployment and disability insurance.
- Step 8: Obtain Business Licenses and Permits
At Advantage Business Services we can help you step by step to see if you are required to obtain federal, state and local licenses and permits for your business.
- Step 9: Understand Employer Responsibilities
Learn the legal steps you need to take to hire employees at our business workshops.